Simon Keemer, CPA, CGMA, ACA
Audit and Assurance
Nonprofit & Government, Construction
Direct Line: 502.566.1036
Simon has worked for international, national, and regional CPA firms in the United Kingdom and United States since 1994. He leads the firm’s governmental and construction industry teams and the firm’s assurance group technical committee. Simon has extensive experience providing audit, accounting, and management advisory and consulting services to closely held and international businesses, construction contractors and subcontractors, nonprofit organizations, manufacturers, governmental agencies, and higher education institutions.
Simon is also a member of the firm’s internal audit practice and has performed numerous engagements, providing internal audit and accounting assistance to a range of commercial, nonprofit, SEC, and governmental entities. His experience includes performing internal inspections of compliance with the entity’s policies and procedures, development of policies and procedures manuals, cost audits, expert witness testimony, and assistance with the preparation of financial information.
Simon leads the firm’s governmental team and serves as lead auditor on a majority of the firm’s governmental clients. Simon provides audit and consulting services to retirement systems, utilities, cities, fiscal courts, fire protection districts, special taxing districts, and urban county governments.
Simon is a frequent public speaker and article writer on topics related to governmental accounting and auditing. Simon also resides as a member of the KY Society of CPAs Government Accounting and Audit Committee, previously serving as the 2017/2018 Chair of Committee. Notably, he was the author of the 2018 KY Society comment letter on the new Yellow Book exposure draft.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member of Emerging Standards Committee, Government Accounting Committee, International
- Business Task Force; Former Member of Leadership Council; Former Chairman of CPE Committee
- California Society of Public Accountants
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Association of Chartered Accountants in the United States
- Leadership Louisville, Class of 2011; Focus Louisville, 2006
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Associated General Contractors of America
- Kentucky Surety Association
- Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville, Finance Committee Member
- Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana, Board Member, Treasurer, and Finance Committee Member
BA Honors Degree, University of Birmingham, England