Experienced Tax Preparer – January 2020 through April 15, 2020 (Lexington, KY)
Are you an experienced tax preparer, looking for an opportunity to retain your skills, earn extra money during spring tax season, and make an impact within a professional services firm? If so, this opportunity is for you!
Dean Dorton is growing, and we’re looking for experienced seasonal tax preparers to help us during one of our most critical times of the year, January through April, for our spring 2020 tax season.
In this role, you will be responsible for completing all tasks associated with preparing individual (1040) tax returns. This includes:
- Performing administrative duties such as scanning, updating client files, email and phone communication, etc.
- Completing all required tax forms related to an individual (1040) tax return
- Conducting research on state, federal, and local tax laws and regulations, as needed
- Partnering with team members to exceed client expectations on communication, deadlines, and final work product
- Managing deadline-driven tasks in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Dean Dorton is looking for individuals who have experience preparing individual (1040) tax returns. This experience can be from a variety of ways—retail tax processing centers, volunteer programs, such as VITA, or retired CPAs. We’re also looking for individuals who have experience managing deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
We’d love to talk with you! This opportunity is perfect for someone with the experience outlined above, but who is also looking to be a part of an accounting firm during tax season. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside fellow peers to accomplish client tasks, earn extra money between January and April, and retain your tax preparation knowledge and skills.