Erica Horn, CPA, J.D.
Erica has over 30 years of professional experience. She has spent the majority of her career advising clients on state and local tax issues. She has represented Kentucky and multi-national companies in tax controversies before the Kentucky Department of Revenue, Kentucky Claims Commission (formerly Kentucky Board of Tax Appeals) and the state and federal courts of the Commonwealth. Through her advice and advocacy, Erica has saved her clients millions of dollars in Kentucky taxes.
Erica has experience in a wide range of industries including construction, equine, manufacturing, and warehousing and distribution.
Erica is a prolific speaker and author. Examples of presentations she has given and panels on which she has recently participated follow.
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation and American Bar Association Advanced Income Tax Conference, various topics, 2015-2018
- American Bar Association Winter Meeting, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: Comparing the Administrative Appeals Practices of States, 2018
- Kentucky Guild of Brewers’ Education Conference and Trade Show, Behind the Brews: Taxes? What Taxes?, 2018
- Manufacturers’ Education Council Ohio Tax Conference, The New Majority: The Shift from Cost of Performance to Market-Based Sourcing, 2018
- American Bar Association LLC Institute, State and Local Tax Matters, 2017
- Dean Dorton Equine Tax and Accounting Update, Equine-Specific Sales and Use Tax Considerations, 2017
- KyCPA Kentucky State Tax Conference, Kentucky Tax Law Update, 2017
American Bar Association, Section of Taxation, CLE Committee; State and Local Tax Committee, Executive Committee; Co-Chair, ABA/IPT Advanced Income Tax Seminar; Member, Partnership
Audit Rules Task Force
Kentucky Bar Association
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants, Tax Committee
Institute for Professionals in Taxation
GleanKY, Co-Founder; Chair, Development Committee (2016-present); President, Chairperson of the Board of Directors (2010-2017)
Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority, Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation, Kentucky Affordable Prepaid Tuition Chair, Boards of Directors; Chair, Program and Finance & Audit Committees (2009-2017)
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Summa Cum Laude, 1983, Transylvania University, Lexington, Kentucky
Juris Doctor, With High Distinction, 1990, University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky