Dean Dorton’s HR Consulting Expertise
People are the heart of your business, but do you have the right systems in place to protect your people? Given the demanding rules and regulations, businesses of all sizes find it hard to keep current and comply with all the major state and federal changes. Dean Dorton provides a variety of human resources (HR) consulting services in order to identify risk and assist in implementing practical solutions keeping you in compliance with ever-changing regulations. Our certified HR consultants can respond to the human resources needs that you simply don’t have time, expertise, or resources to manage efficiently, among your other job duties.
Additionally, Dean Dorton’s HR solutions are tailored to individual client needs, designed to be effective day-to-day as well as deliver long-term strategic benefits through HR management. It is merely a matter of time before the Department of Labor (DOL) comes knocking on your door – now is the time to make sure you are compliant across the board. Our services can be used independently or integrated together for a comprehensive plan, giving you flexibility and expertise when you need it most.
You could benefit from HR Compliance and Consulting services if:
We bring value to your organization:
- Take advantage of the expertise and experience of certified HR professionals.
- Obtain professional advice and guidance of tough HR issues.
- Receive HR advice, tips, tools and best practices that work.
- Meet specific goals in a timely manner.
- Only pay for the time or services you use.
- Receive the most flexible solution to fit your needs and budget.
- Stay focused on your core business processes.
Short-term and long-term HR department roles and support
- Affirmative action plans
- Affordable Care Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Benefit plans
- Compensation and payroll
- Employee relations
- Ethics/Whistleblower hotline
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- OSHA & Safety
- Other legal issues – EE0-1 reporting/filing, lactation location
- Poster regulation
- Records retention
- Termination assistance
- Sexual harassment prevention training
- Wage and hour laws
Employee file retention and maintenance
HR hiring process, recruitment, and selection
- Recruit for open positions and reference checks
- Partner with vendors to conduct background checks, drug screenings, etc.
- Coordinate new-hire paperwork
Performance management support
- Base pay structures
- Client self-help tools and worksheets for variable and sales compensation structures
- Company climate surveys
- Compensation resources and tools
- Job descriptions
- Performance appraisals
- Supervisor coaching
- Reward and recognition
Comprehensive, third-party examination of your organization’s employment practices from HR policies, practices, and processes, to workplace culture assessment.
Or, select individual a la carte audits from the following: