A great thing about Sage Intacct is that it’s maintenance-free and updates four times a year. The last quarterly update of 2018 happened on Friday, November 16th and we’re here to highlight the 4 key modules that came out with this release. Additionally, there are a few other enhancements that you’ll see now while using the software.
Budgeting and Planning Add-On
Are you using spreadsheets and emails for all your business budgets and plans? The new Sage Intacct Budgeting and Planning solution provides a collaborative environment that streamlines and improves the planning process. Users can now eliminate the pain of Excel and gain back time to focus on their business. The add-on allows organizations to:
- Bi-directionally sync data with Sage Intacct using models, scenarios, and planning tools
- Better their organizational alignment, collaboration, and automated planning process
- Gain confidence in user security
- Deploy and use quickly and efficiently
Not-for-Profit Revenue Recognition
This new module allows for automated compliance and revenue recognition for nonprofit organizations, which will satisfy ASU 2018-08 standards. The feature offers a range of options, from milestone, performance, and installment.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space
General Ledger Dynamic Allocations
The new General Ledger Dynamic Allocations feature allows Sage Intacct users to dynamically pull account source balances. It also automates the distribution across dimensions according to the basis calculation method specified at runtime.
Interactive Custom Report Writer
This feature is available in the new Action UI- which if you are not using currently, we are highly encouraging for you to switch over to it. When the new release comes out in February, the software will automatically update and transition to this new interface. The sooner you get familiar with it, the better!
With the Interactive Custom Report Writer, you can:
- Drag and drop for easy report creation
- See results as you build
- Have powerful calculation capabilities and export capabilities
- Pivot tables
- Drill down to transaction detail
For businesses managing subscriptions and revenue, the Contracts module in Sage Intacct has been updated to improve insight, efficiency, and analytics.
Revenue Management: Greater control and automation when creating contract lines and revenue posting.
Digital Board Book: More flexibility in how and when postings are made.
Ease of Use: Increased auditability of the cancellation workflow and additional billing filters.
A few other minor and major changes include:
- Advanced CRM Integration: Implementers newly integrating to Salesforce, or upgrading the connector, can synchronize historical records in bulk with a few simple clicks.
- Post timesheet hours to closed periods in Projects
- Bill General Ledger transactions with Project Generate Invoice
- Include vendor stock numbers in custom printed purchase documents