Erica Horn, CPA, J.D.
Erica has over 30 years of professional experience. She has spent the majority of her career advising clients on state and local tax issues. Through her advice and advocacy, Erica has saved her clients millions of dollars in taxes.
Erica has experience in a wide range of industries including construction, equine, manufacturing, and warehousing and distribution.
Erica is a prolific speaker and author. Examples of presentations she has given and panels on which she has recently participated follow.
- Kentucky Guild of Brewers’ Education Conference and Trade Show, Behind the Brews: Taxes? What Taxes?, 2019
- Dean Dorton and Kentucky Nonprofit Network, Thank Goodness That’s Over: Nonprofits and the 2019 Kentucky Tax Changes, 2019
- University of Kentucky College of Law and Kentucky Bar Association Business Law Section, 17th Biennial Business Association Law Institute, What Business Lawyers Need to Know About the New Kentucky Tax Laws, 2019
- Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Federal and State Tax Reform Summit, Kentucky Tax Changes, 2018
- Bloomberg Tax, State and Local Tax After the 2018 Midterm Elections, 2018
American Bar Association, Section of Taxation, State and Local Tax Committee
Kentucky Bar Association
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants, Tax Committee
Institute for Professionals in Taxation
Kentucky Nonprofit Network Outstanding Board Leadership Award, 2017
Doctor of Humane Letters (Honoris Causa), Transylvania University
GleanKY, Co-Founder; Chair, Development Committee (2016-present); President, Chairperson of the Board of Directors (2010-2017)
Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority, Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation, Kentucky Affordable Prepaid Tuition Chair, Boards of Directors; Chair, Program and Finance & Audit Committees (2009-2017)
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Summa Cum Laude, 1983, Transylvania University, Lexington, Kentucky
Juris Doctor, With High Distinction, 1990, University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky