Dean Dorton has exciting career opportunities for experienced professionals in audit, tax, consulting, and technology services that allow you to leverage your gained knowledge and powerful skill set to the best of your ability.
What’s in it for me? Growth. Passion. Excellence.
You have worked hard to get where you are but you need to find the workplace you can call “home.” We need to find the most outstanding people who fit our culture.
We have a confidentiality guarantee, so you can learn more about us without jeopardizing your current position. When you talk to us, our discussions will be held in the strictest confidence. We will also arrange meeting times that do not compromise your work schedule. Get to know us and we will get to know you.
- Fully committed to supporting your ideas through performance coaching
- Give you access to a network of talented team members who are experts in their industries
- Options allowing you to easily customize your career and opportunities to showcase your skills, internally and externally
Current Job Opportunities for Experienced Professionals
Accounts Receivable Specialist – Healthcare (Louisville, KY)
Dean Dorton Healthcare Solutions, one of Kentucky’s premier medical billing and credentialing service firms, is seeking a detail oriented and results driven Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Healthcare Consulting team.
In this role, you will perform critical functions for Dean Dorton Healthcare Solutions clients, which includes hospitals, medical practice groups, and other healthcare entities. This entails:
- Proactive investigation on medical claims that have been denied by payers
- Partnering with providers and/or patients to obtain additional information that aids in resolving outstanding medical claims
- Tracking and reporting healthcare denial results
- Communicating with internal team members on the status of projects
- Special client projects as needed
- Ability to work and think independently
Dean Dorton Healthcare Solutions is a fast-paced work environment that requires multi-tasking and superior organizational skills. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two to five years of experience in hospital accounts receivable follow-up. Candidates also need to have experience working with a multiple payer system, including Medicare and Medicaid. You’ll grab our immediate attention if you have experience working with Meditech.
Administrative Operations Manager (Lexington, KY)
Dean Dorton, a leading Kentucky-based regional accounting firm providing audit, accounting, tax, healthcare consulting, litigation support, business valuation, technology consulting and many other consulting services, is seeking an Administrative Operations Manager in the Lexington office.
In this role, you will report to the Firm Administrator and serve in a key role managing administrative functions of the firm. This will include:
- Leading a team of operational specialists (document processing function)
- Overseeing the management of multiple databases
- Reporting and communicating status updates throughout the year, specifically around critical deadlines
- Preparing for audit and tax busy seasons
- Suggesting, creating, and implementing processes and procedures to create efficiencies for the team and firm
- Managing the day-to-day operations of firm management: errands, mail/shipping, records retention, etc.
This is an ideal position for an experienced administrative manager with working knowledge of public accounting firms. So, come join the team as a champion for change! And, bring your experience to lead a support team who seeks every opportunity to enhance service, exceed expectations, and drive towards excellence!
Office Services Specialist (Louisville, KY)
Dean Dorton, one of Kentucky’s largest regional full-service accounting and business advisory firms, has an opportunity for an Office Services Specialist in our Louisville downtown office. This position takes on a high level of responsibility in our firm and is critical to meeting the needs of our clients.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- External and internal document processing, which includes performing the typing, formatting, assembly, administrative review and preparation of highly confidential documents (tax returns, financial reports, proposals, etc.)
- Scanning and quality control review of client documents utilizing Dean Dorton’s document management system(s)
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and materials utilized in document processing
- Accurately updating the status of projects as items are received, in process and completed
- Assisting with additional administrative projects as needed, such as front desk backup support, maintaining firm-wide office supplies, and other administrative office tasks
Dean Dorton is seeking applicants who are dedicated to a career in administrative support. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in an administrative support role. Candidates will catch our immediate attention if they have experience working in a professional services setting that works with deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding atmosphere. Experience with Microsoft Office and use of organizational skills are also required.
Individuals with high attention to detail who are task-oriented, and also have a passion for assisting clients, both external and internal, will thrive in this environment. This is a full-time benefits-eligible position, with overtime required during specific times of the year to meet government deadlines.
Marketing Associate (Louisville, KY)
Calling all creative and detail oriented marketing professionals! Show your creative side, while providing administrative and marketing support to one of Kentucky’s largest regional accounting and business advisory firms.
As a Marketing Associate at Dean Dorton, you will have a variety of exciting responsibilities, including:
- Coordinating all aspects of events (client events, tradeshows, and webinars), which includes planning and execution
- Drafting business proposals and partnering with fellow team members and the firm’s Marketing Director to finalize and deliver high quality results
- Partnering with internal team members to draft and execute internal and external firm collateral including e-newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, and more
- Coordinate sponsorships and other marketing programs
- Assist with reporting for business development, budget, and other items as needed
- Perform online market research and special projects as needed
Dean Dorton is seeking applicants with a Bachelor’s degree that has an emphasis in marketing, advertising, communications, journalism, or graphic design. Candidates must also have two (2) to three (3) years working in a marketing capacity, demonstrating strong organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills. You will catch our immediate attention if you have experience working in a professional service firm setting, event planning experience, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and InDesign software (or equivalent).
Account Manager – Technology Sales (Louisville, KY)
Dean Dorton, a rapidly growing technology reseller with clients across multiple states, is seeking a dynamic and motivated Account Manager to join our technology team. This exciting opportunity offers the ability to develop relationships with existing and potential clients, while executing the promotion and strategic sales of Dean Dorton Technology solutions, with an emphasis on Cisco solutions.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Be an external and internal expert of all resources available to clients through Dean Dorton and Cisco
- Educate existing and potential clients on the technology tools and resources Dean Dorton and Cisco provides
- Manage client and vendor relationships, ensuring all parties’ expectations are exceeded
- Participate and network at external business development events, seminars, and programs
- Develop strategies to meet sales objectives, by analyzing the technology sales market and industry
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and external parties (clients and vendors)
This position is a perfect opportunity for someone with a background in technology or sales, who has a passion for matching existing and potential clients with the technology tools and resources that Dean Dorton and Cisco has to offer. In this role, you’ll receive the education and training opportunities that will make you an expert of Cisco products and Dean Dorton services. This position also carries with it a unique opportunity to receive extensive training from Cisco through its X-Sell program.
Ideal candidates will have two (2) to four (4) years of experience, are looking for a career in technology sales, and are ready to take the next step in creating their very own book of business. Candidates will catch our immediate attention if they have experience working in a technology or sales role, hold a Bachelor’s degree, and have experience working with, or selling, Cisco technology products.
Experienced Tax Preparer – January 2020 through April 15, 2020 (Lexington, KY)
Are you an experienced tax preparer, looking for an opportunity to retain your skills, earn extra money during spring tax season, and make an impact within a professional services firm? If so, this opportunity is for you!
Dean Dorton is growing, and we’re looking for experienced seasonal tax preparers to help us during one of our most critical times of the year, January through April, for our spring 2020 tax season.
In this role, you will be responsible for completing all tasks associated with preparing individual (1040) tax returns. This includes:
- Performing administrative duties such as scanning, updating client files, email and phone communication, etc.
- Completing all required tax forms related to an individual (1040) tax return
- Conducting research on state, federal, and local tax laws and regulations, as needed
- Partnering with team members to exceed client expectations on communication, deadlines, and final work product
- Managing deadline-driven tasks in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Dean Dorton is looking for individuals who have experience preparing individual (1040) tax returns. This experience can be from a variety of ways—retail tax processing centers, volunteer programs, such as VITA, or retired CPAs. We’re also looking for individuals who have experience managing deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
We’d love to talk with you! This opportunity is perfect for someone with the experience outlined above, but who is also looking to be a part of an accounting firm during tax season. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside fellow peers to accomplish client tasks, earn extra money between January and April, and retain your tax preparation knowledge and skills.
For more information, please contact Jeff Ricketts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-425-7687.
Staff Accountant (Lexington and Louisville, KY)
Dean Dorton, one of Kentucky’s largest regional full-service accounting and business advisory firms, has an opportunity for an experienced Staff Accountant on our Accounting and Financial Outsourcing (AFO) Services team.
Our AFO team provides critical accounting functions for our clients among a wide array of industries. In this role, you will be accountable for partnering with clients in a variety of ways. This includes:
- Accounts Payable (A/P)
- Accounts Receivable (A/R)
- General Ledger (GL)
- Fixed Assets
- Financial Statements
- Account Reconciliations
- Sales Tax Returns
- Software Implementations
- Form 1099 Preparation
- Form W-2 Preparation
Dean Dorton is seeking applicants who have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or combined education/experience equivalent. Candidates must have a minimum of two years of experience in an accountant or financial role with a reputable organization. Experience with accounting software required. You will catch our immediate attention if you have earned your CPA designation and have experience with Intacct, Bill.com or Expensify.
Tax Supervisor (Lexington and Louisville, KY)
Are you a Tax Professional in a public accounting firm looking for an opportunity to succeed in increasingly challenging assignments and find the balance a regional firm can offer? If so, Dean Dorton, one of Kentucky’s largest regional full-service accounting and business advisory firms, has an opportunity for you – a driven, knowledgeable and innovative Tax Supervisor.
This is a rewarding opportunity for a Tax Supervisor who will…
- Prepare complex tax returns for clients.
- Support clients in assessing tax burdens and recommend solutions to support overall business objectives/goals while ensuring filing positions are consistent with good business practices and with state/federal applicable tax laws and rules.
- Identify and execute tax planning and savings strategies for clients.
- Research and consult on various tax matters resulting in timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Oversee staff work product including effective performance feedback, identifying development needs and training.
We’re looking for talented professionals with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in public accounting who have a history of providing input and bringing creative ideas to the table. CPA required. Dean Dorton is eager to speak with tax professionals who enjoy and share a passion for training and developing staff.
Anyone with a Masters in Taxation will immediately catch our attention. And, we want to talk with anyone who can demonstrate a superior understand of increasingly complex tax matters.
Roughly half Dean Dorton’s practice is concentrated in providing tax planning and compliance services. We take a proactive approach in providing tax services and tax planning opportunities. Dean Dorton tax services include:
- Analysis, planning, and consulting to minimize federal, state, and local taxes
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns for individuals, estates, trusts, not-for-profit organizations, and all forms of business entities
- Preparing tax returns for trust and estate accounts for financial institutions
- Representing clients in dealing with the Internal Revenue Service and other tax authorities
Audit Supervisor (Lexington and Louisville, KY)
Dean Dorton, one of Kentucky’s largest regional full-service accounting and business advisory firms, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Audit Supervisor to join the team!
In this role, you’ll plan, lead and execute audit engagements including managing client relationships, provide advanced specialized support, identify opportunities to expand services & improve client profitability and assign, mentor and develop staff accountants.
This is a rewarding opportunity for an Audit Supervisor who is seeking an opportunity to succeed in increasingly challenging assignments while providing exceptional service to our clients.
- CPA with 2 – 4 years auditing experience in public accounting required.
- Qualified candidates will have worked multiple engagements in a fast paced environment.
Dean Dorton’s audit approach requires that the auditor have a sound understanding of a client’s operations and the environment in which they operate. We believe in utilizing a consistent team throughout an engagement and also believe very strongly in proper planning. We use procedures that mesh with each client’s operations, systems, and procedures. Our audit approach ensures that we deliver an effective and efficient audit to our clients on a timely basis. In addition to the traditional audit, review and compilation services, we also provide the following services:
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Compiled projections/forecasts
- Contract compliance assurance
- Internal control walk-throughs
- Internal audit assistance, co-sourcing and outsourcing
- Government-required audits
- New accounting standards implementation
- Grant applications and reporting
- Budgeting assistance
- Accounting policies and manuals