Dean Dorton has exciting career opportunities for experienced professionals in audit, tax, consulting, and technology services that allow you to leverage your gained knowledge and powerful skill set to the best of your ability.
What’s in it for me? Growth. Passion. Excellence.
You have worked hard to get where you are but you need to find the workplace you can call “home.” We need to find the most outstanding people who fit our culture.
We have a confidentiality guarantee, so you can learn more about us without jeopardizing your current position. When you talk to us, our discussions will be held in the strictest confidence. We will also arrange meeting times that do not compromise your work schedule. Get to know us and we will get to know you.
- Fully committed to supporting your ideas through performance coaching
- Give you access to a network of talented team members who are experts in their industries
- Options allowing you to easily customize your career and opportunities to showcase your skills, internally and externally
Current Job Opportunities for Experienced Professionals
Medical Billing Specialist – Healthcare (Louisville, KY)
Dean Dorton Healthcare Solutions, one of Kentucky’s premier medical billing and credentialing companies, is seeking a detail oriented and results driven certified Medical Billing Specialist to join our Healthcare Consulting team.
In this role, you will perform critical functions for Dean Dorton Healthcare Solutions clients, which includes physicians, medical practice groups and other healthcare entities. Specific job responsibilities include:
- Reviews clinical statements and documentation to ensure compliance with applicable guidelines (i.e. Medicare and Medicaid).
- Verifies payor sources.
- Assigns standard diagnosis and procedure codes based on services provided, as needed.
- Processes and submits accurate claims for reimbursement to appropriate payor sources. This includes data entry, claims transmission, payment posting, insurance follow-up and patient follow-up.
- Reviews, researches and resolves issues and process denials to ensure timely reimbursement for services provided.
- Creates and sends statements to providers’ patients when funds are owed. Reports on unpaid statements and sends to collections at agreed upon time.
- Accepts payment from providers’ patients, which may include setting up payment plans.
- Reports on provider activity: billed, collected, etc.
Dean Dorton is a fast paced work environment that requires multi-tasking and superior organizational skills. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience working the entirety of the medical billing process. Candidates will catch our immediate attention if they have worked in Centricity, Athena, MediTouch or NextGen systems.
Learn more about our firm at www.deandortonhealthcaresolutions.com. And, be sure to read about our recognition as a “Best Places to Work” in Kentucky for 15 consecutive years!
Tax Manager (Louisville, KY)
Are you a Tax Professional in a public accounting firm looking for an opportunity to succeed in increasingly challenging assignments and find the balance a regional firm can offer? If so, Dean Dorton, one of Kentucky’s largest regional accounting firms, has an opportunity for YOU – a driven, knowledgeable and innovative Tax Manager in our Louisville, KY office.
This is a rewarding opportunity for a Tax Manager who will:
- Support clients in assessing tax burdens and recommend solutions to support overall business objectives/goals while ensuring filing positions are consistent with good business practices and with state/federal applicable tax laws and rules
- Identify and execute tax planning and savings strategies for clients
- Research and consult on various tax matters resulting in timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations
- Develop and manage client relationships
- Identify additional client service opportunities with current clients
- Oversee staff work product including effective performance feedback, identifying development needs and training
Dean Dorton is seeking a CPA and leader who has a history of providing input and bringing creative ideas to the table. Experience leading, coaching and developing staff will set you apart. And, we want to talk with anyone who can demonstrate a superior understand of increasingly complex tax matters.
Experienced Tax Preparer – January 2020 through April 15, 2020 (Lexington, KY)
Are you an experienced tax preparer, looking for an opportunity to retain your skills, earn extra money during spring tax season, and make an impact within a professional services firm? If so, this opportunity is for you!
Dean Dorton is growing, and we’re looking for experienced seasonal tax preparers to help us during one of our most critical times of the year, January through April, for our spring 2020 tax season.
In this role, you will be responsible for completing all tasks associated with preparing individual (1040) tax returns. This includes:
- Performing administrative duties such as scanning, updating client files, email and phone communication, etc.
- Completing all required tax forms related to an individual (1040) tax return
- Conducting research on state, federal, and local tax laws and regulations, as needed
- Partnering with team members to exceed client expectations on communication, deadlines, and final work product
- Managing deadline-driven tasks in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Dean Dorton is looking for individuals who have experience preparing individual (1040) tax returns. This experience can be from a variety of ways—retail tax processing centers, volunteer programs, such as VITA, or retired CPAs. We’re also looking for individuals who have experience managing deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
We’d love to talk with you! This opportunity is perfect for someone with the experience outlined above, but who is also looking to be a part of an accounting firm during tax season. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside fellow peers to accomplish client tasks, earn extra money between January and April, and retain your tax preparation knowledge and skills.
Audit (Assurance) Specialist (Lexington, KY or Louisville, KY)
Are you seeking an opportunity to build a career in a growing and challenging field with a path to leadership, possibly partner? If so, Dean Dorton has the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking an Auditor to join our assurance services team in Lexington, KY or Louisville, KY. As a leading full-service accounting and business advisory firm in the Southeast, Dean Dorton has a position wherein you will be pivotal in planning and executing audit and attest engagements. This will include partnering and collaborating with clients and leadership, choosing a specialty of your choice and continuous learning in your field of interest.
Dean Dorton values driven team members who are interested in providing exceptional service to our clients. This will require a CPA license (or obtain within 1st year of employment) and one (1) to three (3) years of experience in public accounting, preferably working multiple engagements simultaneously in a fast paced environment. You’ll catch our immediate attention if you’ve worked or interacted with companies in the healthcare, manufacturing and/or higher education industries
We would love to connect with you! If you believe that you fit the criteria above, please contact Jeff Ricketts at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
And, be sure to check us out online at www.devdeandorton.wpengine.com and learn more about our recognition for 15 consecutive years as a “Best Places to Work” in Kentucky.
Audit (Assurance) Manager (Louisville, KY)
Dean Dorton is excited to announce an opportunity for an engaged, driven, and highly-motivated leader. As a leading full-service accounting and advisory firm, Dean Dorton will provide you with opportunities to exceed in new and challenging engagements and projects. You will lead and execute audit and attest engagements, including managing client relationships, providing advanced specialized support, and identifying opportunities to expand services. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and develop team members. As an Audit Manager at our firm, you will have the opportunity to be a trusted business advisor to middle-market companies!
Dean Dorton is seeking a CPA and leader with five (5) to eight (8) years of audit experience in public accounting, specifically managing multiple engagements, in a fast-paced environment. Experience leading, coaching, and developing audit staff will set you apart. And, you’ll catch our immediate attention if you’ve worked or interacted with companies in the healthcare, manufacturing, and/or higher education industries.
Business Valuation Senior Manager (Lexington KY, Louisville KY, or Raleigh, NC)
Dean Dorton, a top and full-service accounting and business advisory firm in the Southeast, has an opportunity for an experienced Business Valuation Senior Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to serve clients with high-quality valuation services, as well as desiring to expand Dean Dorton’s business valuation services.
In this role you will perform, and oversee staff completing, critical valuation functions for Dean Dorton clients within a variety of industries. This includes:
- Assisting with managing Dean Dorton’s business valuation practice, which includes interacting with other firm leaders to accomplish firm objectives.
- Preparation and/or review of valuation models using a variety of tools, including Microsoft Excel.
- Analysis of industry, economic, and other developing trends to derive valuation results.
- Use of strategic, analytical, and conceptual knowledge and theories to develop creative solutions for clients.
- Preparation and presentation of valuation reports, data, and findings to clients.
- Participation in business development activities to support the growth of Dean Dorton’s Business Valuation services.
- Training and supervision of team members completing business valuation services.
Dean Dorton is seeking applicants who have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field. Candidates must have a minimum of seven (7) to eight (8) years of experience in a role where they have been providing valuation services. One or more certifications such as CPA, ABV, CVA and ASA are required. Finally, a successful candidate must have strong Microsoft Excel skills and a strong business acumen.