Dean Dorton has exciting career opportunities for experienced professionals in audit, tax, consulting, and technology services that allow you to leverage your gained knowledge and powerful skill set to the best of your ability.
What’s in it for me? Growth. Passion. Excellence.
You have worked hard to get where you are but you need to find the workplace you can call “home.” We need to find the most outstanding people who fit our culture.
We have a confidentiality guarantee, so you can learn more about us without jeopardizing your current position. When you talk to us, our discussions will be held in the strictest confidence. We will also arrange meeting times that do not compromise your work schedule. Get to know us and we will get to know you.
- Fully committed to supporting your ideas through performance coaching
- Give you access to a network of talented team members who are experts in their industries
- Options allowing you to easily customize your career and opportunities to showcase your skills, internally and externally
Current Job Opportunities for Experienced Professionals
Marketing Associate (Lexington, KY)
Calling all creative and detail-oriented marketing professionals! Show your creative side while providing administrative and marketing support to one of Kentucky’s largest regional accounting and business advisory firms.
As a Marketing Associate at Dean Dorton, you will have a variety of exciting responsibilities, including:
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and calendars, including overseeing the logistics of Dean Dorton’s social media strategy.
- Drafting business proposals and partnering with the firm’s Marketing Manager to finalize and deliver high quality results.
- Assisting with the coordination of publication calendar deadlines and content creation. This will include email communications, blog postings, and other time-sensitive firm communications like newsletters and press releases.
- Partnering with internal team members to draft and execute firm collateral, including brochures, invitations, and recruiting materials.
- Planning, setting up, and tearing down events (tradeshows and conferences), as well as the coordination and management of external webinars.
- Performing online market research and special projects as needed.
Dean Dorton is seeking applicants with a Bachelor’s degree that has an emphasis in marketing, advertising, communications, journalism, or graphic design. Candidates must also have two to three years’ experience working in a marketing capacity, demonstrating strong organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills. You will catch our immediate attention if you have experience working in a professional service firm setting, utilizing social media venues, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, WordPress, Mailchimp, and InDesign software (or equivalent).
Tax Supervisor (Lexington and Louisville, KY)
Are you a Tax Professional in a public accounting firm looking for an opportunity to succeed in increasingly challenging assignments and find the balance a regional firm can offer? If so, Dean Dorton, one of Kentucky’s largest regional full-service accounting and business advisory firms, has an opportunity for you – a driven, knowledgeable and innovative Tax Supervisor.
This is a rewarding opportunity for a Tax Supervisor who will…
- Prepare complex tax returns for clients.
- Support clients in assessing tax burdens and recommend solutions to support overall business objectives/goals while ensuring filing positions are consistent with good business practices and with state/federal applicable tax laws and rules.
- Identify and execute tax planning and savings strategies for clients.
- Research and consult on various tax matters resulting in timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Oversee staff work product including effective performance feedback, identifying development needs and training.
We’re looking for talented professionals with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in public accounting who have a history of providing input and bringing creative ideas to the table. CPA required. Dean Dorton is eager to speak with tax professionals who enjoy and share a passion for training and developing staff.
Anyone with a Masters in Taxation will immediately catch our attention. And, we want to talk with anyone who can demonstrate a superior understand of increasingly complex tax matters.
Roughly half Dean Dorton’s practice is concentrated in providing tax planning and compliance services. We take a proactive approach in providing tax services and tax planning opportunities. Dean Dorton tax services include:
- Analysis, planning, and consulting to minimize federal, state, and local taxes
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns for individuals, estates, trusts, not-for-profit organizations, and all forms of business entities
- Preparing tax returns for trust and estate accounts for financial institutions
- Representing clients in dealing with the Internal Revenue Service and other tax authorities
Audit Supervisor (Lexington and Louisville, KY)
Dean Dorton, one of Kentucky’s largest regional full-service accounting and business advisory firms, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Audit Supervisor to join the team!
In this role, you’ll plan, lead and execute audit engagements including managing client relationships, provide advanced specialized support, identify opportunities to expand services & improve client profitability and assign, mentor and develop staff accountants.
This is a rewarding opportunity for an Audit Supervisor who is seeking an opportunity to succeed in increasingly challenging assignments while providing exceptional service to our clients.
- CPA with 2 – 4 years auditing experience in public accounting required.
- Qualified candidates will have worked multiple engagements in a fast paced environment.
Dean Dorton’s audit approach requires that the auditor have a sound understanding of a client’s operations and the environment in which they operate. We believe in utilizing a consistent team throughout an engagement and also believe very strongly in proper planning. We use procedures that mesh with each client’s operations, systems, and procedures. Our audit approach ensures that we deliver an effective and efficient audit to our clients on a timely basis. In addition to the traditional audit, review and compilation services, we also provide the following services:
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Compiled projections/forecasts
- Contract compliance assurance
- Internal control walk-throughs
- Internal audit assistance, co-sourcing and outsourcing
- Government-required audits
- New accounting standards implementation
- Grant applications and reporting
- Budgeting assistance
- Accounting policies and manuals