Dean Dorton has exciting career opportunities for experienced professionals in audit, tax, consulting, and technology services that allow you to leverage your gained knowledge and powerful skill set to the best of your ability.
What’s in it for me? Growth. Passion. Excellence.
You have worked hard to get where you are but you need to find the workplace you can call “home.” We need to find the most outstanding people who fit our culture.
We have a confidentiality guarantee, so you can learn more about us without jeopardizing your current position. When you talk to us, our discussions will be held in the strictest confidence. We will also arrange meeting times that do not compromise your work schedule. Get to know us and we will get to know you.
- Fully committed to supporting your ideas through performance coaching
- Give you access to a network of talented team members who are experts in their industries
- Options allowing you to easily customize your career and opportunities to showcase your skills, internally and externally
Current Job Opportunities for Experienced Professionals
Software Consultant- Sage Intacct and Microsoft Dynamics GP (Remote)
Do you have experience with Sage Intacct implementation and ongoing support? If so, join our team where YOU can make a difference for our clients.
Dean Dorton, a rapidly growing accounting software partner of Sage Intacct and Microsoft Dynamics GP with clients across multiple states, has an opportunity for a Software Consultant to join our growing business software team. This position takes on a high level of responsibility in our firm and is critical to meeting the needs of our clients.
In this role you will:
- Consult with clients to assess accounting systems, processes, and needs.
- Make recommendations for system requirements.
- Process implementation of software based on approved recommendations.
- Train clients on an individual or group basis on use of the system(s).
- Troubleshoot problems and ongoing support after implementation.
- Work with financial statements, beginning balances and chart of accounts.
- Develop complex payroll setups in clients accounting system.
Dean Dorton is seeking applicants who are passionate about assisting clients with their accounting systems and daily processes. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of five (5) years of experience working in an accounting role, hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and have experience working with accounting software applications, specifically Sage Intacct and Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Candidates will catch our immediate attention if they have earned their CPA certification or have experience implementing Sage Intacct. This position allows team members to partner with clients to provide various accounting software solutions, thus making travel a requirement of the role.
We are open to candidates who would work remotely, but prefer candidates in close proximity to one of our offices in Lexington KY, Louisville KY, or Raleigh NC.
Learn more about Dean Dorton at www.deandortontech.com.
Tax Supervisor (Lexington and Louisville, KY)
Are you a Tax Professional in a public accounting firm looking for an opportunity to succeed in increasingly challenging assignments and find the balance a regional firm can offer? If so, Dean Dorton, one of Kentucky’s largest regional full-service accounting and business advisory firms, has an opportunity for you – a driven, knowledgeable and innovative Tax Supervisor.
This is a rewarding opportunity for a Tax Supervisor who will…
- Prepare complex tax returns for clients.
- Support clients in assessing tax burdens and recommend solutions to support overall business objectives/goals while ensuring filing positions are consistent with good business practices and with state/federal applicable tax laws and rules.
- Identify and execute tax planning and savings strategies for clients.
- Research and consult on various tax matters resulting in timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Oversee staff work product including effective performance feedback, identifying development needs and training.
We’re looking for talented professionals with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in public accounting who have a history of providing input and bringing creative ideas to the table. CPA required. Dean Dorton is eager to speak with tax professionals who enjoy and share a passion for training and developing staff.
Anyone with a Masters in Taxation will immediately catch our attention. And, we want to talk with anyone who can demonstrate a superior understand of increasingly complex tax matters.
Roughly half Dean Dorton’s practice is concentrated in providing tax planning and compliance services. We take a proactive approach in providing tax services and tax planning opportunities. Dean Dorton tax services include:
- Analysis, planning, and consulting to minimize federal, state, and local taxes
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns for individuals, estates, trusts, not-for-profit organizations, and all forms of business entities
- Preparing tax returns for trust and estate accounts for financial institutions
- Representing clients in dealing with the Internal Revenue Service and other tax authorities
Audit Supervisor (Lexington and Louisville, KY)
Dean Dorton, one of Kentucky’s largest regional full-service accounting and business advisory firms, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Audit Supervisor to join the team!
In this role, you’ll plan, lead and execute audit engagements including managing client relationships, provide advanced specialized support, identify opportunities to expand services & improve client profitability and assign, mentor and develop staff accountants.
This is a rewarding opportunity for an Audit Supervisor who is seeking an opportunity to succeed in increasingly challenging assignments while providing exceptional service to our clients.
- CPA with 2 – 4 years auditing experience in public accounting required.
- Qualified candidates will have worked multiple engagements in a fast paced environment.
Dean Dorton’s audit approach requires that the auditor have a sound understanding of a client’s operations and the environment in which they operate. We believe in utilizing a consistent team throughout an engagement and also believe very strongly in proper planning. We use procedures that mesh with each client’s operations, systems, and procedures. Our audit approach ensures that we deliver an effective and efficient audit to our clients on a timely basis. In addition to the traditional audit, review and compilation services, we also provide the following services:
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Compiled projections/forecasts
- Contract compliance assurance
- Internal control walk-throughs
- Internal audit assistance, co-sourcing and outsourcing
- Government-required audits
- New accounting standards implementation
- Grant applications and reporting
- Budgeting assistance
- Accounting policies and manuals
Administrative Assistant (Louisville, KY)
Join a team where YOU can make a difference in a role key to our firm and our clients, by contributing to the success of Louisville’s stand out public accounting firm and providing administrative support to a team of Partners!
Dean Dorton Allen Ford, PLLC (Dean Dorton), one of Kentucky’s largest regional full-service accounting and business advisory firms, has an opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant in our Louisville Office.
Under the general direction of the designated Director Group and the direct supervision of the Firm Administrator, the Administrative Assistant performs administrative and clerical support. This position also serves as backup to Document Processing (primarily tax return processing), requiring assembly and administrative review of highly confidential client-related materials, and our Front Desk Coordinator, serving clients and team members as needs arise.
In this role you will…
- Handle highly confidential and non-routine information.
- Compose and type general correspondence including letters, memos and emails.
- Organize and schedule meetings, including location, invitations, catering, and room & equipment preparation.
- Maintain Partner calendars and client relations.
- Compose and finalize formal reports.
- Provide general administrative activities including: organizing and maintaining electronic filing systems, processing paperwork, copying/filing and prioritizing calls/mail.
- Perform scheduling duties and provide backup to our document processing department during peak workload periods.
Dean Dorton is seeking applicants who are dedicated to a career as an Administrative Assistant. Qualified applicants will have experience supporting executives and setting priorities, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects. Dean Dorton is eager to talk with applicants who have proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Applicants must have experience handling confidential and sensitive information. This position requires some travel between our two office locations – Lexington and Louisville.
Learn more about Dean Dorton at www.deandorton.com, and be sure read about our recognition as a “Best Place to Work” in Kentucky for 15 consecutive years!