Dean Dorton has exciting career opportunities for experienced professionals in audit, tax, consulting, and technology services that allow you to leverage your gained knowledge and powerful skill set to the best of your ability.
What’s in it for me? Growth. Passion. Excellence.
You have worked hard to get where you are but you need to find the workplace you can call “home.” We need to find the most outstanding people who fit our culture.
We have a confidentiality guarantee, so you can learn more about us without jeopardizing your current position. When you talk to us, our discussions will be held in the strictest confidence. We will also arrange meeting times that do not compromise your work schedule. Get to know us and we will get to know you.
- Fully committed to supporting your ideas through performance coaching
- Give you access to a network of talented team members who are experts in their industries
- Options allowing you to easily customize your career and opportunities to showcase your skills, internally and externally
Current Job Opportunities for Experienced Professionals
Human Resources (HR) Generalist (Louisville, KY)
This fast-paced and dynamic position is the ideal opportunity for a Human Resources professional looking to take the next step in his/her growing career. If you are driven, eager, and never satisfied with status quo… Dean Dorton is the place for you!
Please visit our website at deandorton.com and contact us if you are interested in learning more about this opportunity and how you can make a difference within our firm.
- Manages Dean Dorton’s HRIS (ADP), including data entry, reporting, updating, and serving as the point of contact for any questions/issues. You will also partner with the Finance & Accounting team to resolve any HRIS and payroll questions/issues.
- Performs benefits administration, including employee support, reporting, open enrollment, and wellness program management. This includes overseeing FMLA and other leave of absence programs.
- Serves as the front-line recruiter for all positions below Manager, including campus recruiting.
- Partners with hiring managers to create onboarding plans for every new hire.
- Supports the HR Director with performance management.
- Maintains both physical and electronic employee files.
- Four-year college degree required.
- 2 – 3 years’ of experience in HR (generalist or recruiting/benefits specialty).
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Experience working with ADP preferred.
We are looking for a polished professional who is ready to make a positive impact on our team and with our business. This role requires a professional who is eager to prove him or herself by supporting the team, taking on challenges outside of standard duties, seeking to build a career (vs. an 8am to 5pm job), and is excited to travel to regional colleges and universities. Candidates will catch our immediate attention if they have experience recruiting for technology and/or accounting professionals.
Dean Dorton does not discriminate! We welcome anyone of any race, religion, color, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, ancestry, handicap, medical condition, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation or gender.
Office Services Specialist (Lexington, KY)
Dean Dorton, one of Kentucky’s largest regional full-service accounting and business advisory firms, has an opportunity for an Office Services Specialist in our Lexington office. This position takes on a high level of responsibility in our firm and is critical to meeting the needs of our clients.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- External and internal document processing, which includes performing the typing, formatting, assembly, administrative review, and preparation of highly confidential documents (tax returns, financial reports, proposals, etc.).
- Scanning and quality control review of client documents utilizing Dean Dorton’s document management system(s).
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and materials utilized in document processing.
- Accurately updating the status of projects as items are received, in process and completed.
- Assisting with additional administrative projects as needed, such as backup support for the front desk and firm errands/deliveries.
Dean Dorton is seeking applicants who are dedicated to a career in administrative support. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in an administrative support role, including experience with Microsoft Office and use of organizational skills. Candidates will catch our immediate attention if they have experience working in a professional services setting that works with deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding atmosphere. Since this position provides backup support to firm errands/deliveries, candidates must have a clean driving record with current insurance coverage.
Individuals with high attention to detail who are task-oriented, and also have a passion for assisting clients, both external and internal, will thrive in this environment. This is a full-time benefits-eligible position, with overtime required during specific times of the year to meet government deadlines.
Learn more about Dean Dorton at www.deandorton.com. And, be sure to read about our recognition as a “Best Place to Work” in Kentucky for 16 consecutive years!
Accounting Software Developer (Raleigh, NC or Remote)
Dean Dorton, a rapidly growing business and technology consulting firm in the Southeast, has an opportunity for an Accounting Software Developer to partner with our technology and software consulting clients. This is a perfect role for someone looking to combine both their accounting knowledge and their technology expertise to make a difference for our clients.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Assist with implementations and configurations of accounting systems based on client needs and demands.
- Prepare and maintain internal documentation and technical tools to assist with implementations and systems integrations.
- Customize and build reports/dashboards for clients that meet their needs.
- Design and build custom integrations between multiple software platforms, including Sage Intacct, Dynamics GP, ConnectWise Manage, and Dynamics 365.
- Translate accounting concepts into software applications and solutions which create efficiencies and solutions for clients.
- Maintain and update back-end databases and integrations.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about assisting clients with BOTH their accounting and information systems knowledge. Dean Dorton is seeking a professional with a Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance and information systems. You will catch our immediate attention if you have coding and developing experience, including internships, and are working towards either software certifications or your CPA license. Ideal candidates can either work in our Raleigh, NC office or remotely from the Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone, but qualified candidates can work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
Learn more about Dean Dorton, and our software consulting team, at www.deandorton.com. And, be sure to read about our recognition as a Best Places to Work in Kentucky for 16 consecutive years!
Interested parties may submit resumes to Jeff Ricketts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Manager – Tax Services (Louisville, KY)
Dean Dorton is excited to announce an opportunity for an engaged, driven, and highly-motivated leader. As a leading full-service accounting and advisory firm, Dean Dorton will provide you with opportunities to exceed in new and challenging engagements and projects. You will lead and execute tax engagements, including managing client relationships, providing advanced specialized support, and identifying opportunities to expand services. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and develop team members. As a Tax Senior Manager at our firm, you will have the opportunity to be a trusted business advisor!
Dean Dorton is seeking a CPA and leader with eight (8) to ten (10) years of tax experience in public accounting, specifically managing multiple engagements, in a fast paced environment. Experience leading, coaching, and developing tax staff will set you apart. And, you will catch our immediate attention if you’ve worked or interacted with companies in the real estate industry.
We would love to connect with you! If you believe that you fit the criteria above, please contact Jeff Ricketts at email@example.com for more information.
And, be sure to check us out online at www.deandorton.com and learn more about our recognition for 16 consecutive years as a “Best Places to Work” in Kentucky.