Dean Dorton’s Marital Dissolution Expertise
What do you need when you are looking for a divorce CPA? Dean Dorton’s litigation support team includes professionals who specialize in divorce, or marital dissolution, and divorce consulting services. Our team understands the nature of marital dissolutions from technical expertise to emotional challenges. It is our goal to help minimize the potential high litigation costs involved in many divorce proceedings. We focus on supporting clients and their attorneys to fully analyze the short- and long-term financial implications of divorce settlements through forensic accounting. We provide custom solutions to complicated divorce settlement issues such as stock options and valuing closely-held businesses.
Post-divorce, our CPAs help clients transition successfully to an independent life by assisting with long-term financial planning, general financial education, estate and wealth planning, and investment management strategies. Additionally, our team of certified experts (CPA, CFF, and CFE credentials) provide expert witness services in courts throughout Lexington, Louisville, Kentucky and the United States.
Dean Dorton’s Marital Dissolution Team
Dean Dorton’s marital dissolution team takes time to get to know our client’s and attorney’s expectations in order to provide services to best suit your needs from assistance in discovery to comprehensive solutions including estate and tax planning for complex cases. Dean Dorton’s team members are frequently appointed by Family Court judges and have testified throughout the state of Kentucky, region, and nation.
Missy DeArk recently testified on behalf of a client, an active NBA player, regarding the cost of living expenses in conjunction with the initial setting of child support. The appeals court judge denied opposing counsel’s request and sent an opinion back to the trial court for a warranted recalculation of the child support amount.
Our marital dissolution and divorce services, sought after by clients and attorneys, include:
- Analyze bank and brokerage accounts
- Assistance in discovery
- Business valuation
- Cash flow and disposable income determination
- Child support calculation
- Cost basis of marital and non-marital property calculation
- Cost of living calculation
- Damage calculation
- Estate asset and liability determination
- Expert witness testimony and consulting
- Financial statement preparation and analysis
- Forensic accounting and fraud services
- Strategic tax planning
- Trace hidden assets and unreported income
Why Choose Dean Dorton
- Innovative business thinking with a fresh perspective
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to accurate, quality and timely services
- Focused on helping each client succeed
- Nationally recognized experts who work personally with each client