Part of the depth and breadth of our healthcare expertise comes from the many members of our healthcare consulting team who specialize in revenue cycle management. We have completed hundreds of revenue cycle management projects and are able to assist in a variety of manners from revenue cycle management training to interim healthcare management.
Revenue Cycle Management Services
- ICD-10 Training and Coding: Dean Dorton can provide training for the upcoming transition to ICD-10 and can provide ICD-10 coding once implemented on October 1, 2015.
- Coding and Revenue Optimization: We are an authority in chart auditing services. Our healthcare team knows and understands medical coding regulations and documentation requirements. When we complete and validate the findings of medical chart review, you can be assured of a level of accuracy that comes from working with an experienced and certified coding staff. Our medical coding review services can be provided on-site or in a remote environment, thus eliminating costly travel expenses.
- Ongoing Coding: Our team can provide coding services for hospitals and physicians, inpatient and outpatient scenarios. Our coders are available for interim coding services or as a back-up to cover your organization’s needs.
- Documentation Review: Dean Dorton understands how critical documentation is for accurate coding and meeting regulatory requirements. We review recent records and customize training for physicians, coders, and any other staff to keep your team in compliance with federal guidelines.
- Chargemaster Compliance: We provide Chargemaster reviews to ensure you are maintaining a current and accurate Charge Description Master by reviewing HCPCS codes, CPT codes, and Revenue codes.
- Mock RAC Audits: The healthcare reimbursement team at Dean Dorton helps identify potential issues before an official audit takes place by analyzing available claims data that includes assessing documentation, coding, and billing practices.
- Health Information Management (HIM) Interim Management: The expertise of the Dean Dorton healthcare team allows us to provide interim management for your HIM Department so that you can focus on your needs and priorities while providing a seamless transition to a new manager. We provide leadership and support so that the department functions smoothly.
- Assistance with Outside Audit Appeals: Dean Dorton has extensive experience providing appeal support to organizations following outside audits including but not limited to RAC, MIC, or ZPIC.
- Support for Corporate Integrity Agreements: Our healthcare team also has extensive experience working with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) in support of a Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA). We provide services as directed by the CIA and issue reports required by the OIG.
Why Choose Dean Dorton
- Innovative business thinking with a fresh perspective
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to accurate, quality and timely services
- Focused on helping each client succeed
- Nationally recognized experts who work personally with each client