Dean Dorton’s Business Valuation Expertise
At Dean Dorton, we have a dedicated team of professionals specializing in valuation services ready to serve you. Our valuation practice is built upon the expertise and experience of our people, the quality and thoroughness of our analyses, the breadth and depth of our resources, and our ability to effectively explain (and defend, when necessary) our valuation analyses and related conclusions.
Few things are more important to business owners than the value of their business, yet it is often difficult to know how much a business (or business interest) is worth. Though business valuation requires an in-depth understanding of various financial principles and the proper application of related techniques, valuation is not an exact science. Valuation is a discipline that combines knowledge and various financial computations with experience and professional judgment to arrive at a reasonable result. Accordingly, it is imperative that business owners and their advisors engage well-qualified valuation analysts who possess significant business experience to assist them with their valuation needs.
Dean Dorton’s Business Valuation Team
- Estate and gift tax planning and reporting
- Marital dissolutions
- Litigation and disputes
- Sales/acquisitions of businesses
- Shareholder transactions – buy-ins and buy-outs
- Financial reporting – purchase price allocations and goodwill impairment testing
- ESOP and other shareholder reporting
- Professional services
- Oil and gas
- Wholesale Distribution
- Various service businesses (including restaurants)
- Various holding companies, owning real estate, marketable securities, and other assets
Dean Dorton’s dedicated valuation team members regularly serve as expert witnesses and have trial and deposition experience. They also have successful experience in negotiations, mediations, and other settlement discussions. Team members have also been successful in defense of valuations before the IRS and others and our analysts are often asked to speak or write articles on valuation topics.
Why Choose Dean Dorton
- Innovative business thinking with a fresh perspective
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to accurate, quality and timely services
- Focused on helping each client succeed
- Nationally recognized experts who work personally with each client