Providers or individuals can fail to capture $63,750 in reimbursement per practitioner by incorrectly determining that a Physician’s Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.D.M.), Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S), or Physician is ineligible for Medicaid incentives. Larger organizations can fail to capture the same amount per practitioner by not having incentive dollars reallocated.
The nuances of incentive programs related to Electronic Health Records are numerous. Dean Dorton often sees opportunity to improve many providers’ situation with regard to these programs. We have assisted organizations to understand circumstances such as the following:
- Incentives can be available even if you are NOT a Meaningful User
- There are specific details that can make a PA eligible for incentives
- Type of practice can present any practitioner (PA, NP, CNM, DDM, DDS, MD, DO) with lower requirements for eligibility
- Pediatricians have a lower threshold for eligibility
- Determining a practitioner is ineligible once does not prevent future participation
- Many doctors whom appear hospital based, are not and are thus eligible for incentives
- How revenue may be impacted by part time practitioners who are not meaningful users at their primary practice location and whom face a reduction in Medicare payments
- Part time or part year practitioners can be eligible
- Hospital data may change over time requiring appeals or changes
Hospitals can lose hundreds of thousands of dollars, even millions by not fighting for an updated incentive calculation. Dean Dorton is successfully positioning its healthcare clients to receive more incentive dollars, as warranted.
We believe our clients say it best.
“Dean Dorton provided us with intricate knowledge and timely personal service related to incentive programs optimization. Dean Dorton’s service allowed us to qualify an additionally eligible practitioner, avoid penalties, accelerate and increase our cash, and left us with a framework to track participation going forward.” – Tish Clayborn, Clinic Administrator at Ertel Medicine & Pediatrics, PSC
Jim Brill, Associate Director of Healthcare Consulting, can be reached at 859-425-7753 or email@example.com to discuss a review of your incentive program participation at no cost to your organization.