Dean Dorton’s Real Estate Team
The professionals at Dean Dorton have been assisting clients in the real estate industry for decades with accounting, tax, and consulting services, offering innovative solutions to this unique and challenging industry. Our team of real estate advisors has a wealth of knowledge, experience, and expertise essential to evaluating and analyzing the operations and transactions of our real estate clientele. Our clients include residential and commercial real estate developers, land developers, real estate management companies, marinas, and real estate professionals.
Dean Dorton serves a variety of clients in the real estate industry, including commercial, residential and industrial property developers, owners/investors, managers, agents and brokers. Properties include residential homes, apartment buildings, condominium and town home communities, golf course communities, shopping centers, parking facilities, offices and commercial buildings.
Our dedicated real estate industry team consists of over 15 professionals who specialize in serving those in the real estate industry. Aside from traditional accounting, auditing, and tax services our team offers years of industry-specific knowledge, designed to help you increase your profitability and reduce your operating costs in order to achieve your goals.
Our real estate team stays up-to-date with the latest industry trends and tax credits, allowing you to do what matters most to you, knowing your financial plan is in order. We work with other service providers in the industry and our background provides clients “one-stop shopping” with their business formations, estate, tax, and real estate issues.
Dean Dorton’s Real Estate Industry Services
We understand the unique transactions and tax planning opportunities available for the real estate industry. Our team provides a variety of services to the industry ranging from accounting services, tax compliance, and tax preparation services to in-depth sales transactions, tax-free exchanges, estate planning, and cost segregation services. Among our services are:
- Tax return preparation
- Entity selection planning
- Tax-free exchanges
- Cost segregation services, acceleration of depreciation
- Energy tax credit studies
- TIFF structuring
- Federal and state tax audit representation
- Partnership tax planning
- Passive activity considerations
- Installment sales
- Capital gain planning for the sale of property
- Acquisition analysis
- Alternative minimum tax considerations
- Tenants-in-common structuring
- Estate planning, including charitable remainder trusts, family limited partnerships, gifting strategies, and asset transfers
- Property and business valuations
- Technology software recommendations and implementation
- Financial statement assurance services (including audits, reviews, and compilations)
- Cash flow analysis
- Accounting and financial outsourcing – clerical functions from back office accounting to CFO