Join us for an equine tax and accounting industry update, providing CPE credit, followed by an afternoon of horse racing at Keeneland in Lexington, Kentucky. This update will provide 4 hours of CPE credit.
- Friday, October 19, 2018
Equine Seminar: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
A Day at the Races: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Location: Keeneland Racecourse (Sales Pavilion)
4201 Versailles Road, Lexington, KY 40510
Registration for our 2018 event is closed at this time.
- Key federal and state tax provisions under tax reform that affect equine industry participants
- Cybersecurity risks faced by horse and farm owners and ways to minimize these risks
- New partnership audit regulations and related implications for equine partnerships
- How the Supreme Court’s Wayfair decision affects sales tax nexus for horse owners
|7:45 – 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast and Registration|
|8:00 – 8:05 a.m.||Introduction|
|8:05 – 8:35 a.m.||Federal Tax Reform: General Business Updates|
|8:35 – 8:45 a.m.||Federal Tax Reform: Corporate Tax Changes|
|8:45 – 9:15 a.m.||Cybersecurity Threats Update|
|9:15 – 9:45 a.m.||Federal Tax Reform: Selected Nonprofit Entity Non-Corporate Entity Changes|
|9:45 – 10:15 a.m.||Federal Tax Reform: Non-Corporate Changes (Section 199A Deductions)|
|10:15 – 10:30 a.m.||Break|
|10:30 – 11:15 a.m.||Which Entity Should I Choose?|
|11:15 – 11:45 a.m.||How the Wayfair Decision Affects Multistate Sale Tax and Other State Tax Updates|
|11:45 – 12:00 p.m.||Kentucky Compensation Survey: Preliminary Results|
|12:00 p.m.||Lunch in Lexington/Kentucky Rooms, followed by an afternoon of racing|